Monday 1 March 2010

The importance of taking time out


I’m writing to you on my lonesome…I hope my lonely blog finds you all well. For the last three weeks I have been manning the desks by myself (cue big pantomime Aaaaaahhhhh) My wonderful partner Jasmine has been sunning herself back in her home land of South Africa while I was left behind to bask in the glorious weather we’ve been having here in London! I have served my time well, while I do hope Jasmine was having the time of her life and getting an even tan! Jealous? Me? Never… ;)

I realise now, rather ironically, how important it is to take time out. Jasmine has touched down in London and tomorrow, after she has unpacked and gotten over the shock of drop in temperature…we will be a team again (and boy has she got a lot of work to catch up on!) I am very happy to have my partner back. A fact I assume would be slightly more exciting if I wasn’t in bed feeling awful with a horrible throat infection! Yes, it seems that I have worked myself so hard my body had to take a drastic action to get me to stop and relax.

I’m not complaining. I mean, as fun as the constant coughing, struggling to breathe, red raw throat, mild insomnia and general exploding of my head has been for me…I just wish my body had given me a few Amber signs to slow me down before the throat infection. Although, now that I come to mention it, I had been feeling a bit run down, very tired, dark circles, pale skin, breakouts and in general quite irritable. In fact, I’ve been glued to my laptop and barely seen the light (or rain) of day since Jasmine went away! And I’m questioning how I didn’t realise this would happen!?!

It seems to me, amazing what we put ourselves through sometimes. I mean, I feel like I need a three week holiday now…and the only break I have in my schedule are Tea and Toilet breaks! It’s easy to think of ourselves as indestructible and to just power on even though we feel tired, stressed out and run down. But the truth of the matter is that we probably need to take some time out! And we probably need to do it much more then we currently do!

Do you reward yourself enough? For all the hard work you do! I know I don’t. But I know that after being practically bed ridden all weekend, I certainly am going to start! And I’m going to start listening to my body more. There’s a reason why we feel tired, or look pale, or get spots! It’s not just Mother Nature’s cruel way of having a laugh at our expense. It’s our unconscious looking after us. It’s telling us to take some time out, have a break, relax…treat yourself for god’s sake…you deserve it!

So I urge you to take a moment and think about whether you take enough time out for yourself to recharge your batteries? Do you treat yourself enough? And if not, it’s time to get into a relationship with yourself…and start looking after the love of your life…YOU! Now, we’re not all lucky enough to go swanning off to South Africa for three weeks (ahem!) but why don’t you start by running yourself a wonderful bath, light some candles, lay back and relax. ..glass of wine? You get the picture.

And while I take a bit of my own advice…I’d like to let everyone know how happy I am to have my partner back! Don’t ever leave me again Jasmine…Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

Lots of Love

Fran (and a very tanned Jasmine) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment